Wednesday, November 2, 2016

My Top 10 scariest Characters by WanderSong

Check it out! 
This is the one with the Grand Duke, Madame Pica, Hellhound, 
and the giant Gengar 
by WanderSong instead of King Kong, Foxy, King Gruesome and the great mighty Poo. 
And it says "Looking up Screencaps of animated characters that frighten you takes a lot of guts. It wasn't a pleasant job but in order to do this moment, I had to find pics of these animated nightmares.(Note: I was thinking of mentioning that evil Lady from the Tom & Jerry movie but 1. She's mainly scary because she's ugly and I didn't think that would count.  2. I hate that Piece of Garbage. It's one of the worst movies ever. And 3. I've only seen that film once... at least half of it. Please don't talk me into watching it again.   )  So, anyway, here are 10 Characters from animated movies, TV Series and Short Films that give me the willies. Prepare to be terrified!  

10. Grand Duke from Rock-a-Doodle.
Now, there are a number of creepy characters in this movie and a lot of them scared me in half when I was a kid.(Why, yes, I did in fact see this film as a kid.) Now that I'm older, I may not get as creeped out as easily but I can still understand why I found them scary. But I think the scariest would the Grand Duke came into Edmond’s Bedroom after the Lightning struck a Branch of the Tree. I know this is just important has nothing to do with the plot of the Movie. But, look at him! Scariest. Grand Duke. EVER!!
The Grand Duke uses his magic Breath to turn Edmond into a Cat. Patou rushes into Edmond's Room 
and bite the Grand Duke on a Leg. Edmond notices he was all furry because Grand Duke turned him into a Cat. If you were in your Bedroom after the Lightning struck the Branch of the Tree, the Grand Duke would come in, and turn you into a Cat. 
The Grand Duke liked the Darkness because he doesn’t like Light like other Owls. 

9. Madame Pica from Jojo in the Stars
I've seen the Short Film on YouTube. It has to be the heartwarming Love Story ever made and for that, it's actually fun to watch and even you're up to watch it. But trust me, whether or not you know what you're in for, you're sure to see these Picas with Bunny Ears. I don't wanna spoil it too much for you. So, get on YouTube and check it out... If you dare. But anyway, I will say this: Madame Pica is by far the scariest character in the Short Film. You're just keeping an eye on the Place when suddenly the Ringmaster comes in and announced the Picas with a hanging Microphone before the Show starts. Game over, man! Now, it's okay if some of you disagree as you might think the scariest character is either the Masked Freak, 
the Spiky Haired Freak 
the Smiling Freak, the long Snouted Freak, the 2 Faced Freak, the Tiki Faced Freak, the short Haired Freak, the white Faced Freak with 5 Hairs, a Pig Freak, or a short Freak with Stilts. 
But for me, it's definitely Madame Pica.

8. The Spider from The Secret of NIMH.
Again, it's another minor character who has nothing to do with the Plot. But it's still pretty scary. As if seeing the inside of the Great Owl's Tree wasn't spooky enough, all of the sudden, this freaky Spider comes down and starts following Mrs. Brisby like it wants to eat her. And have you seen the size of that Thing? It's almost bigger than Brisby herself. Speaking of Spiders, I would have mentioned the ones from Rankin-Bass's The Hobbit since they're much much bigger, so big they could even devour a human, but taking another look, as creepy as they are, those funny, Owl-Bat-like Faces just make them less scary. So, this spider, due to looking so realistic, beats them without question.

7. Hellhound from All Dogs go to Heaven
The second antagonist for one of Don Bluth's Movies in history, this Devil was pretty evil with his glaring Eyes, big Wings, and big sharp Teeth that makes him look like a Hellhound. But if you think he's scary, you should see him blowing Fire and out came little Devils. That's right, he was in Charlie's Nightmare. 
A big scary demonic Beast. Now, this movie is a good one(I've only seen it once so far, but still.) and I'd recommend it to any Don Bluth fan. Just try to save it for your kids for when they're at an appropriate age(at least 8 or older) because it does have plenty of disturbing and even frightening images that I doubt I would have been able to take when I was a child. Thankfully, the first time I saw this film was pretty recently. So, I've been able to put up with it's freaky moments. But I still think that Devil Hound is a scary bad Beast therefore deserving to be on the list.

6. Rasputin from Anastasia.
I remember when I first saw this movie in theaters at the age of 7, Rasputin totally freaked me out, mainly because he constantly had parts falling off of his Body. Ewwwwww! But, of course, that's not the only thing that makes him so scary. Uses dark magic, summons evil, green, demonic minions to capture Anya, and even causes the poor girl to sleep walk in a good dream gone bad. He's just one heck of a scary villain inside and out. But, I gotta admit, his song(In The Dark of the Night) is pretty awesome. Other than that, he's just plain scary.

5. Ursula from Disney's The Little Mermaid.
OMG! She scared me soooo much when I was little, I could seldom let myself sit through the movie. Even when I went swimming in the lake near my grandmother's house, I didn't want to stay in the deep end for TOO long, afraid that Ursula would pop outta nowhere and drag me down to the murky abyss. Her expressions scared me. Her voice scared me. Her song scared me. Heck, everything about her just plain scared me! So, whenever someone like a baby-sitter wanted to watch the film, I would try to stay as far away from the TV room as possible. Nowadays, Ursula doesn't scare me THAT much anymore but I can still consider her to be one of Disney's most terrifying villains. I especially find it scary when she turns into a giant near the end. Eek!

4. The Clown from The Brave Little Toaster.
Need I say much? If you'd seen that Childhood Movie Meme I tried, I'm sure you'd remember seeing this Creep in that "scariest moment" section. If not, then here:  lovegypsy64.deviantart.com/art… Though this Clown is only a minor character, he's still the scariest in the whole film by a Landslide.

3. The giant Gengar from Pokémon: The ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis 
I never watched this Show before, but I didn't have to. Just seeing that one Part of the Anime was enough to leave me emotionally disturbing. Come on, dude! It's a scary giant Ghost Pokémon made entirely from the dark Device. Crud, people! Can that be any more traumatic? Well... yes.
Give it another Shot! 
You'll be white as a Sheet. At least, that's the effect it had on me. When I heard of the giant Gengar, 
I expected something silly but instead, I got something so evil, it was petrifying. So much, I couldn't wait for it to be over. What? You say that's not scary? You say I'm just a wimp? Well, okay, but one Day, while you're taking a Number 2, if the last Gengar is only big as you, starts talking or you gets overwhelmed with horror and scared, don't come crying to me.

2. Monstro the Whale from Disney's Pinnochio.
Scariest. Whale. EVER!!!!!!!  Monstro was always the main thing in Pinnochio that scared me, as a kid, a teenager, and even to this very day. Can you blame me? Every creature in the ocean is so afraid of him that just hearing his name would send them swimming away in fear. He'll gobble up anybody or anything in his Path. He only opens his mouth to eat and anyone that gets swallow never comes out alive... unless they have stuff to make a fire with so much smoke it'll cause him to sneeze you out. BTW, his sneezes are scary, too. But the scariest thing about him is that if he finds out you escaped his belly, he'll grow very angry and come raging after you and try to destroy you. Monstro is just one frightening creature and Disney knows it, which is why they are wise enough to put a picture of him on just about every movie case of Pinnochio to warn viewers what they're in for. (But how come they don't give us any heads up about the donkey scene? Most people think that's the scariest scene. Oh, well.) And if you take a look at the back of the movie cases from 1985 or 1999/2000... Holy crud!!! He looks like a stinkin' demon whale! Yikes! 

And the #1 scariest animated character(IMO) is...
Chernobog...or Satan...from Disney's Fantasia.
Now, I've always loved Fantasia. I think it's one of the most beautifully made Disney classics ever created. But there's no doubt that I've always been scared by The Night on Bald Mountain scene. Well, okay, maybe not THAT scared now that I'm older but it truly horrified me as a child. I even remember one time, I was so scared by the sequence that when the movie was over I ran to my Mother's Arms, sobbing. Even today though, if you ever plan on showing this film to little kids, I would totally recommend skipping to the Ave Maria part whenever this scene is coming up. Otherwise, you might wanna wait til they're older. Anyway, this hideous demon could either be referred to as Satan himself or Chernobog, the black God from Slavic Mythology. But either way, he is definitely just as scary as he is evil. Just seeing him emerge from under those giant Wings, casting his Shadow over that little Russian village, and summoning spirits from Hell with just a point of his Finger is terrifying enough but when you see those close ups of his glowing yellow eyes and ugly smile, cue the spine chill and cover your face. I mean holy crud! Who thought Disney could actually get away with this stuff? If this movie came out in a later decade, it would have been rated PG. But it still astonishes me how even back in the early 40s they could pull all that stuff off. And let's face it. Can any of the other characters on this list top this character in the scary department? Ummmm.... NO!!! It's the Devil! Confronting a sinister sea witch, a vicious monster whale, a giant Ghost Pokémon, or any of those others would be pretty darn scary. But mark my Words, if you ever found yourself staring into the Eyes of Satan, you would be brutally murdered inside."
I think Fantasia and Jojo in the Stars are my favorites
and Rock-a-Doodle, The secret of NIMH, 
All Dogs go to Heaven, Anastasia, 
The little Mermaid, The brave little Toaster, Pokémon and Pinocchio are not my favorites, 
but it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment